Friday, September 13, 2013

5 months old!

Our bubba is 5 months old!!




... At his last appointment he was 20 lbs and 28.25 inches long. This put him 99% for height, 97% for weight, and 90% for head circumference.
... Had his 4 month shots! Screamed louder than the 2 month shots, but got over them quicker. Had a fairly normal day and slept a little longer than usual.
... Size 3 diapers, although they are getting snug! We are on our last box, we have never had to buy diapers yet! So thankful.
... Around 9-12 month clothing. 
... Tried formula and gagged! He has probably had 2 bottles of formula for times when I've been in a bind. He hates it, I will be breastfeeding for life haha
... Once he turned 5 months, I gave him a taste of applesauce, I'll let the picture speak for itself. We haven't tried anything since.



... LOVES his oatmeal cereal, as long as it's mixed with bmilk.
... Laughs and smiles all day long! So happy. He has the best belly laugh.
... Very ticklish.
... Sits up by himself



... Loves his bouncer, he has a hard time standing up at all anymore because he wants to bounce.
... We retired his swing and bumbo because he grew out of them. So sad.
... About a week ago he started sleeping on his tummy, and now he hardly ever sleeps on his back.



... Loves to talk now. Especially when he gets tired, he gets really hyper.
... Kicks and kicks during bathtime. I think he scares himself sometimes, but seems to like it!



... Bedtime routine is cereal, bath, jammies, story, nurse, and to sleep. 
... He suddenly wanted to change his bedtime to 8. He starts getting upset if he isn't in bed by then. He wakes up around 8 in the morning as well. We've had a hard time withs sleeping the past couple months. He has still been getting up every 3-4 hours (usually 3) to eat. It's been tiring, but I'm just glad I get to stay at home and can nap with him. I'm hoping it has just been a growth spurt, or teething.
... The past 4 nights he's done lots better and slept through the night for the first time! I hope that will stay. :)
... He is a cat napper! He usually takes a longer morning nap, and then the rest of the day takes a lot of 30 minute naps. My doctor says that will probably always be how he is. Oh joy haha 
... No teeth yet, but drools like crazy and loves to chew on his toys. He hasn't been any fussier lately, but I do think it's affecting his sleep.



... Loves music
... So curious! He has such a curious mind and is always looking around.
... He doesn't like to make eye contact with whoever is holding him. He likes to look at people from a distance. 
... Always kicks his feet together. Everyone laughs at how coordinated he is. 
... Sitting up in the grocery cart by himself now.



... He is doing much better in the carseat by himself. 
... He has almost outgrown his carseat that we were planning on having for a long time. Dang! 
... So far in his little life, he's traveled to St. George, Las Vegas, Bear Lake, California, Colorado, and Park City.



... Loves to facetime with dad while he's at work. He gets a huge smile on his face!
... His nicknames are changing constantly, but lately we call him bubbas, brudder, and bubbaluba!
... He is our little bundle of joy and we couldn't love him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment